The architecture of a hybrid cloud allows businesses to have a balanced solution between a private cloud or an on-premise environment and a public cloud.
A hybrid cloud is the right solution for companies that need substantial agility. Primarily, companies serving a diverse client base having separate security, processing, and regulatory needs. The hybrid cloud enables you to run SaaS solutions that can be used on secure private networks.
Businesses that want to leverage the benefits of both public and private clouds can go for a hybrid cloud setup. Moreover, you are not locked to a single vendor with a hybrid cloud. As your setup will already be divided between two systems, it will be simple to migrate to a different public cloud when an advanced model enters the market.
Let’s look at some interesting hybrid cloud statistics:
- 83% of the tasks were virtualized.
- 60% of big businesses ran VMs in the public cloud
- 65% of businesses are having hybrid cloud strategies.
This blog discusses the essence of hybrid cloud architecture and how it helps businesses to grow.
What is a Hybrid Cloud?
A hybrid cloud includes links between public and private clouds. Technically, its an infrastructure where the private (on-premise) cloud is managed by the user, and the public cloud is managed by the third party. Although both clouds are bound to remain together, they stay as unique entities. It enables a hybrid cloud to offer multiple deployment models at the same time. Sometimes the connections between two infrastructures are complicated and sometimes they are simple. For example, sometimes one hybrid cloud gives only a connection between the public and on-premise cloud.
What is Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure?
A common hybrid cloud enables private access to the service provider of the public cloud such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure. The architecture of the hybrid cloud varies based on business needs. However, the underlying infrastructure remains the same. In the below infographic, we are discussing how hybrid cloud infrastructure works:
Image courtesy: TechTarget
In this image, the user facilities are the business houses that want to adopt a hybrid cloud. They have on-premise data centers which are technical private clouds. These private clouds are connected to some public clouds. And the organization is accessing the data via a corporate VPN. When we talk about the private cloud, the data is kept in the utmost security and sensitive (data). In this hybrid cloud infrastructure, information can be accessed by the public as they are hosted on the public cloud. At the same time, the organization’s data is protected in an on-premise or private cloud. Additionally, the corporate VPN (Very Private Network) allows only designated people to access the information with respective login and passwords.
When do you need a Hybrid Cloud?
The primary advantage of using a hybrid cloud model is that it enables workloads and data to move between private as well as public clouds in a flexible manner as demands, needs, and costs change. It gives businesses greater flexibility and more options for data deployment and usage. If your business deals with sensitive data or information, the hybrid cloud is a perfect option to go for. For example, healthcare, finance, and intelligence organizations must need a hybrid cloud infrastructure to protect their data.
Parkar offers a hybrid cloud platform empowered with the Microsoft Azure components. We helped many healthcare organizations in hybrid cloud migration with a centralized repository further speeding up application development time with easy maintenance with optimum security.
Download this case study to know how Parkar implemented the hybrid cloud to integrate data in a healthcare organization
Benefits of Hybrid Cloud
While moving to the hybrid cloud, businesses can bloom leveraging the following benefits:
- Control: One of the prime benefits of implementing a hybrid cloud is control. Businesses can customize the private side of their hybrid cloud model as per their specific needs. Since a portion remains private, the IT team has complete control over the critical operations.
- Speed: The hybrid cloud infrastructure is faster than the other cloud infrastructure as it can leverage on edge computing architecture. Businesses can offload not critical operations to the public cloud from the private cloud. It helps the private cloud to work faster.
- Security: Data protection is a key challenge in any public cloud network. However, the hybrid cloud model assures optimum security to your business data. Even when the data stored in the private cloud is sent to the public cloud for analysis, they are sent encrypted. Since the IT team has direct control over the private cloud, they can manage the data access in the organization.
- Scalability: The private network has its unique challenges. It is not cost-effective to maintain along with other infrastructure costs. However, the hybrid cloud allows businesses to safeguard critical data and smooth operation at the same time with the unique combination of private and public clouds. In essence, the hybrid cloud enables businesses to leverage the benefits of both the clouds in a calculated manner. The public cloud enables businesses to create new applications and run analytics. And on the other hand, private cloud assures data safety. Hence, the hybrid cloud is the most scalable network architecture.
- Cost: At first glance, implementing a hybrid cloud seems costly for businesses. However, in the long run, it lowers down the IT cost. The involvement of private cloud saves the costs that businesses spend to protect their data against any malicious attack. It also saves the cost of migrating assets from one to the other cloud.
Why Parkar NexGen Cloud Platform for Hybrid Cloud?
At Parkar, we understand that modern IT infrastructure is hybrid infrastructure. We design, hand over, and maintain hybrid environments using leading cloud, container, or infrastructure. Our hybrid cloud managed services allow your workloads to run on private and public clouds with the necessary checks and controls. These controls ensure that your infrastructure doesn’t become a bottleneck for any process and consequently become more agile and scalable.
We create hybrid cloud infrastructure with minimal footprint, optimized for effective monitoring, control, and governance. Parkar assures scalable hybrid cloud adoption by applying the best architectural and solutions practices of Azure. And all this with minimal interruption to business as a key consideration.
Additionally, Parkar does many things to benefit the businesses besides only hybrid cloud migration.
Download this case study to know how Parkar helped to containerize applications with hybrid cloud migration in a legacy modernization project.
We offer unmatched hybrid cloud migration experience with:
- Application reengineering wherever is required.
- Containerize applications to decrease app release time.
- Implement DevOps to integrate your development and operations.
Get in touch with us for hassle-free hybrid cloud migration.
About Parkar Consulting & Labs
At Parkar, we revolutionize how great software is built. Our vision is to be a catalyst for customer success by harnessing the unlimited passion of our people and innovation.
Our expertise in Cloud and Data technologies has enabled over 50+ corporations to deliver better customer experiences and lower their business costs.
Powered by our NexGen Cloud Platform, customers unlock the power of technology to accelerate solutions in Application Engineering and AIOps.
Innovative Director of Software Engineering. Entrepreneurial, methodical senior software development executive with extensive software product management and development experience within highly competitive markets. I am an analytical professional skilled in successfully navigating corporations large and small through periods of accelerated growth.